Are you curious about Wealthy Affiliate? Maybe you read about it somewhere and are wondering if it is too good to be true. Wealthy Affiliate was my first online training program. I have gone on to try other training programs and haven’t found anything better. Wealthy Affiliate is where I learned the basics of both affiliate marketing and WordPress website building.
That said, there are Pros and Cons to Wealthy Affiliate. I hope after reading this honest and thorough review, that you can determine if you are a good fit to give the free starter membership a shot. For most people, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. As an affiliate marketing training program, it is very top notch.
This page contains affiliate links. If you click on a link to a product or service, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting this website.
- Product: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website URL: WealthyAffiliate.com
- $0/month for Starter Membership
- $49/month for Monthly Premium Membership
- $359/year for Yearly Premium Membership
- Owners: Kyle and Carson
- My Rating: 4.9 out of 5
- Target Audience: Beginners to Experts
So you want to earn money from home, do you? Maybe you are a mother with four kids whom you would desperately love to spend more time with (raises hand). Maybe you were laid off from a job you had been working at for 20 years, trying to decide what to do next. Whomever you are, you have the opportunity to earn money from home.
If you are like me, you are tired of wasting your time and/or money without the real possibility of quitting your day job and supporting your family. There are so many options out there providing a low return on your time investment. We have all spent 20 minutes taking a survey that only paid $2. Take 3 of those and you earned a whopping $6/hour, less than minimum wage in the US.
What is a legitimate way to earn a real income online?
Affiliate marketing is one correct answer.
Affiliate marketing, at its core, is about referring people to a website (with whom you are affiliated) and getting a commission for your referral’s purchase.
The Wealthy Affiliate website is a feature rich training program which will guide you through the basics of affiliate marketing. Through a variety of training medium (interactive Q&A discussion threads, written tutorials, video walk–throughs, and task oriented courses), you can learn how to build a website and implement affiliate marketing strategies in order to earn real money online.
A website is essential to spreading the word about the products you use, love and want to promote.
To support your training, the Wealthy Affiliate website offers powerful website hosting, simple domain registration, and a large, active and helpful community. These are all included and fully supported in the Premium Membership.
Pros and Cons
Every product has Pros and Cons. Not every review will give you a thorough and honest list of the cons, but I will do my best.
- A Starter Membership is completely free. You get a few “Premium” features during your first 7 days to show you why you would want to upgrade, but you have the option to stay a Starter Member forever if you want. You will still have access to the following features:
- Two Free Websites (subdomains of SiteRubix.com)
- Two Free Training Courses
- Two Spam-Free Training Discussion Boards (Classrooms)
- Numerous Video Walk–Throughs
- Website Backups
- Referral (Affiliate) Commissions
- The following two courses are included with your Starter Membership. Click on the links below to see the outline of each lesson and also read hundreds of reviews for each course.
- A Premium Membership is only $49 per month (paid monthly) or $359 per year (paid yearly). If you pay yearly, that is less than $30 per month.
- With the premium membership you get access to the following additional features:
- 50 Free Websites
- 12 Official Training Courses
- 1,000+ of additional Training Courses produced by Premium Members
- 12 Spam-Free Training Discussion Boards (Classrooms)
- Enhanced Referral (Affiliate) Commissions (2x Higher Payout)
- Live Help/Chat
- Private Messaging
- Website Security Package
- Website Support (24/7/365)
- Weekly Live Video Classes
- 1-on-1 Coaching
- Private Access to Owners
- Unlimited Searches in the Keyword Research Tool
With every system, there are cons. For most people these are not deal-breakers, but they are things to consider. Even if these possible issues concern you, with the Starter Membership costing you $0, you can see for yourself if the program might still work for you.
- Just signing up for the Wealthy Affiliate website doesn’t make you money. You work through the courses and totally immerse yourself in learning the art of affiliate marketing. You will need to make an effort to network and learn from other people.
- The training courses are self-paced. There is no one looking over your shoulder to make sure you check off every task in each lesson. Skipping steps can delay your progress (and your profits).
- You really need some ability and desire to write content. You don’t need to write any bestselling novels, but you need to be able to communicate via the written word regarding topics which interest you.
- After you start making some money, you can outsource your content writing, but you need to gain some experience writing content to learn what works well.
- If you are a perfectionist, you might have a hard time producing enough content. To become profitable, you will need to write content regularly. You can’t linger over every post for days, writing and re-writing your article. This isn’t your doctoral dissertation.
- I struggle with this, but as I have worked through the training courses, I have improved a lot. I have learned that I need to write a post, re-read it to make sure I covered everything, check for spelling errors and hit publish. Then start on the next post.
- Again, being honest, I do not have my websites hosted at Wealthy Affiliate. When I first started I was skeptical of locking my websites to Wealthy Affiliate since I didn’t know if I would be sticking around. So I cannot vouch 100% for the hosting services. Read my post about 5 Tips For Choosing The Best Web Host In 2017 if you want to learn more.
What is the Target Audience?
Practically everyone! You don’t have to be wealthy already to benefit from the Wealthy Affiliate program.
If you are a complete beginner, you will learn everything you need to know.
If you are already an expert affiliate marketer, you will learn a lot that, you didn’t know, that you didn’t know.
As a Premium Member, you will have access to weekly live training videos that will help you stay informed about current trends in every aspect of affiliate marketing.
One of the best features of Wealthy Affiliate is the visibility and support of the founders / owners. One of the owners, Kyle, posted the comment in the image to the right on my profile 3 days before I wrote this post. He just wanted to check in and see how I was doing and does so periodically with all of the active members.
In addition to the owners, there are hundreds of experienced and active members that you can count on to encourage you and answer your questions.
I asked a question when I was getting started about my writing style and got 6 responses within hours. You can check it out here: Is my voice too personal? Should I write in third person?.
I posted my question in one of the discussion boards, but you have several options to communicate with other members: live chat, on someone’s personal profile, private messaging and discussion boards. Here is the link to my personal profile where you can always contact me: Acolby’s Profile. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
In Wealthy Affiliate there are two membership options: Starter and Premium. The table below shows the major differences between these two options.
I started out with the Starter membership for my first 7 days and then upgraded to Premium. If you commit to working on the beginner training every day, you will probably know in those first 7 days if Premium is for you.
My favorite features of the Premium membership is the advanced training courses that are available only to Premium members. I have learned so much from these courses. Working through the courses and seeing my progress is what convinces me to keep paying for my Premium membership when I review my budget each month. Edit: Since writing this review originally, I decided to put my money where my mouth was and upgrade to a Yearly Membership.
Conclusions About Wealthy Affiliate
- Product: Wealthy Affiliate
- Website URL: WealthyAffiliate.com
- My Rating: 4.9 out of 5
Wealthy Affiliate isn’t a Get-Rich-Quick scheme. You invest time up front building your website and writing content. After an average of 3 months, you make your first few dollars.
Since I’m being honest, it took me 8 months to make my first few dollars. I work full time outside the home and have 4 kids. So it really depends on how much time you can invest up front.
With an average of 1 year of hard work, you could be making a modest full time income. After that, the sky is the limit!
I hope I have helped you decide if Wealthy Affiliate is for you. I hope you will join us today. Just click the red “Sign Up Now” button below and you can join Wealthy Affiliate FREE instantly.
If you still have any questions after reading my review, please leave me a comment below. One of the things I learned at Wealthy Affiliate is to respond to all comments and I take this to heart.