The Online Marketing Engineer is a blog about answering questions related to blogging, WordPress, and online marketing. I am currently accepting guest posts on these topics.
My readers are primarily beginner to intermediate bloggers and online marketers. My ideal guest posts are fresh and detailed answers to frequently asked questions from this type of reader.
I am not currently paying for guest posts, but I hope to in the future for the right writers.
Read the guidelines below to see if you are interested in writing for The Online Marketing Engineer.
This page contains affiliate links. If you click on a link to a product or service, I may receive a commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting this website.
Guest Post Guidelines
- Write naturally, with good English spelling and grammar.
- Post should be unique. Posts will be checked for plagiarism using Copyscape.
- Posts should be fresh and detailed answers to frequently asked questions from beginner and intermediate bloggers.
- Read my most popular post for the type of content that appeals to my readers.
- Posts are published weekly.
- Posts should be 750-2,000 words.
- Do not include images. If you have suggestions for images, you may include links in your submission.
- Include external links to any facts quoted.
- Do not include affiliate links in your post. If you mention a specific product and I am an affiliate, I reserve the right to include my affiliate link.
- Read my post 27 Tips For Publishing A Quality Blog Post [Checklist] for other style tips.
- Include the phrase “purple polka dots” in your pitch to show you have read these guidelines.
- Include a short bio paragraph for your author box. My author box widget has a spot for your website and your social media profiles.
- Accepted submissions become the property of The Online Marketing Engineer. You can post an excerpt of the post on your own blog and link to the full copy, but you will not be permitted to publish the article in full on any other website.
- I reserve the right to edit anything in the submission now and in the future.
- You will be responsible for replying to post comments for a minimum of 1 week after publication.
If you want to write a guest post meeting the above guidelines, prepare your pitch including the following:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself.
- Include a link to your blog or other guest posts as examples of your writing.
- Provide a proposed headline (SEO title), meta description and focus keyword.
- Write a brief description and outline of your post.
Submit Your Pitch
It takes me a few days to review pitches. I am just starting to accept guest posts, so the queue is currently short. I will email you whether or not your pitch is accepted.